Special $99 Student Rate
Students are invited to attend workshops and network with conference organizers, sponsors, exhibitors, and delegates representing BC manufacturing and food processing companies that are invested in improving workplace safety.
THIS CONFERENCE IS FOR YOU IF YOU ARE STUDYING TO:
- Become a future advocate for safety upon entering the manufacturing workforce
- Lead, guide, or hire teams to keep workplaces safe
- Develop manufacturing processes, tools, or systems
- Design innovative products and/or devices that keep workers safe on the job
- Research and apply human-centred approaches to worker safety and well-being
From Paralympian Curt Minard’s incredible personal workplace injury story in the opening keynote October 24 through your choice of 22 workshops and presentations, you’ll take away new strategies and best practices from our expert speakers’ successes and learn from their mistakes.
Learn skills you can apply through the real-life experience of more than 25 expert speakers and panelists.
- Network with manufacturing executives, safety professionals, and JHSC worker reps—and make new career contacts.
- Find out what makes a high-performing joint health and safety committee from some of the best teams in BC in our JHSC expert panel.
- Hear from the leaders of three OSSE certified companies how they’ve changed their culture to value safety above all.
- Take away practical knowledge and valuable industry contacts.